Monday 15 November 2010

Your computer has a virus......give me your bank details

Hey guys,

Well my new camera arrived today a Flip Mino HD, the quality is a vast improvement and the sound doesn't seem that bad either though I still need to have a little play to get it where I want it to be. Though on a very good point the seller put in a free mini tripod with the camera as well so I really appreciated that as it means I don't have to go out and buy one.

On the news front it seems sky news has only just caught on about the fact that hackers are using fake virus scan software to steal peoples details, I will take my hat off to these bastards using a fake anti virus software that comes up in a pop up window will probably take many people by surprise and in fear of viruses will click on these programs and put in card details to "save" there computer from the apparent virus in their system. Anyone that has been round the internet a while knows to ignore pop up's due to the fact that 99% of the time it's a virus after your bank details, but I have known these viruses to be on reputable sites before.

Why are they not doing anything about it especially on reputable sites as it damages the reputation of the website, surely the site would check what they are advertising before they put up the advertisement. I think the only thing that they can see in £ signs and are not looking towards the future of the site which is also their future income but are looking at the current profits.

Well that's my thought of the day...

Regards
Mtb

Link
Anti Virus Scam

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree, and told you man, those flip cams rock =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog ... please visit mine and do comment. thanx.

    www.unlimitedtopten.com

    ReplyDelete